(From USCIS Email)
As part of our ongoing commitment to improving customer service, USCIS has recently introduced new options for customers to obtain information and check on the status of their application electronically and has also expanded its call center hours.
We expanded the capabilities of two of our online tools, My Case Status and e-Request, to provide these more flexible options:
- My Case Status now allows customers to view the current status of applications they submit, no matter which USCIS form they used. My Case Status now lets them track, through our Secure Mail Initiative (SMI), the mailing and delivery of USCIS-produced cards and documents. SMI permits customers to use our website to access the U.S. Postal Service tracking numbers of their documents.
- e-Request now allows customers to inquire electronically about applications and petitions they submit to USCIS. They can use this tool to request a follow-up on their case status if they do not receive documents related to three of our most-used forms:
- Form I-485, Application to Adjust Permanent Residence or Adjust Status;
- Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization; and
- Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.
In addition, USCIS is expanding operating hours at our National Customer Service Center to include Saturdays. Beginning Jan. 12, customers nationwide can call our toll-free number (800-375-5283) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays to receive nationwide assistance for immigration services and benefits offered by USCIS. Our customer service representatives can answer routine questions on a wide variety of topics related to immigration services and benefits, including ordering forms, processing times, and information on local offices and civil surgeons. For individuals seeking answers to more complex issues regarding their case, we recommend calling the NCSC Monday through Friday for access to case adjudication officers.