Sarasota immigrants include many area employers. They come to establish a subsidiary of their company, buy an existing business, or start a new company in order to live and work in the U.S. Regardless of the type of business they are running, Sarasota immigrant employers sometimes run into issues that require the assistance of an expert in employment law. We immigration attorneys are more than happy to assist with immigration matters but when it comes to employment law we sometimes refer our clients to Tracey Jaensch, managing partner at Ford Harrison in Tampa and Chris Jaensch’s sister.
Ms. Jaensch’s practice focuses on defending employers in discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination and contract dispute litigation. She represents companies in a variety of industries, including health care, corrections, banking, hospitality and retail.
Ms. Jaensch’s specialty is complex litigation and trial work. She has tried numerous cases for clients and been lead defense attorney in multi-plaintiff discrimination lawsuits in Florida. She also has significant experience in executive level employment contract disputes, trade secret and whistle-blower suits.
Ms. Jaensch prides herself on finding the best solution for her clients, whether that solution is a favorable settlement or defending a case through a successful jury verdict at trial. She is as comfortable trying a case as she is helping client’s avoid one in the first place through sound counseling and advice on contract negotiations, mergers/acquisitions and day-to-day employment issues.
Ms. Jaensch serves on her firm’s Health Care Practice Group Committee. She also serves as the Chair of the Florida Diversity Council. She is Board Certified as an Expert in Labor and Employment.
- Defended a national staffing company in jury trial of a retaliation case.
- Represented a hospital in a multi-count complex sexual harassment, retaliation and tort claim through trial.
- Represented numerous corrections industry clients in Florida against race, retaliation, whistle-blower and harassment claims.
- Represented nationwide healthcare client in state court in Las Vegas, Nevada on a 15-count complaint.
- Served as lead defense counsel in 15-plaintiff race, retaliation, and collective FLSA action for national client.
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- “Most Powerful and Influential Women” Award in Florida
- The Best Lawyers in America – Labor and Employment Law
- Glass Ceiling Award, National Diversity Council
- “Florida’s Legal Elite” by Florida Trend magazine and was named as one of the Top 50 Female Lawyers in any field in Florida, Top 25 Female Lawyers Central, Northern & Gulf Coast of Florida
- “Florida Super Lawyers” recognized 2006 – 2013 by Law & Politics magazine,New York Times and Tampa Bay magazine.
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Feel free to contact Tracey Jaensch with your employment law questions. Her email is: TJAENSCH@Fordharrison.com.