Sarasota Immigrants Can Find Professional Legal Advocate with Greg BandPosted: August 7th, 2014 | Author: Chris Jaensch | Filed under: Sarasota Immigrants | Tags: Elder Law, Greg Band, Sarasota Immigrants, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates Law, University of Florida Law School | No Comments »
About Greg Band
Greg Band is a Sarasota native. He obtained his undergraduate degree at the University of Pennsylvania where he was a Varsity letterman in Tennis. His Juris Doctor is from the University of Florida Law School where he served on the law review – a distinguishing honor for law students. After UF, he obtained a Masters in Tax Law from New York University School of Law. His practice areas include estate planning, probate, asset protection, charitable giving, taxation, and business law.
Estate Planning and Probate
Sarasota immigrants often present unique and complicated estate planning issues. With many professionals and business owners coming from overseas and retaining their overseas assets. It takes a highly capable and dedicated attorney to know how to find the right individual solutions.
Mr. Band understands the unique situations of immigrants when it comes to estate planning. His experience includes work with high net worth individuals with multinational assets. Band Law Group has a sophisticated and creative trusts and estates practice with decades of experience in helping clients transfer wealth in a tax efficient manner. Their attorneys assist individuals with traditional estate planning documents such as wills, revocable trusts, residence trusts and insurance trusts. They also regularly structure and implement more complex techniques including:
- Charitable planning;
- Estate freezing strategies such as installment sales to grantor trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs) and self-canceling installment notes;
- Generation-skipping transfer tax planning;
- Planning for business succession;
- Valuation techniques designed to produce lower tax values upon transfer through the use of family limited partnerships or limited liability companies.
Individual & Corporate Taxation
The complex and far-reaching US Tax Code can be daunting for anyone, especially immigrants. The IRS taxes US residents and citizens on worldwide income and can tax non-resident aliens on income gained in the US. It takes a highly specialized and experienced attorney to navigate the law.
Greg Band’s firm has extensive experience in handling a broad range of tax matters for businesses, executives and owners of businesses, including the following:
- Structuring tax-free reorganizations, including tax-free spinoff transactions.
- Structuring the purchase and sale of businesses and the financing of business transactions for regular corporations, subchapter S corporations, and venture capital funds.
- Structuring real estate and real estate financing transactions with partnerships and limited liability companies, including real estate syndications and like-kind exchange transactions.
- Planning estate and business succession, including advice to owners of businesses about strategies for transferring the ownership of their business to family members and/or successor management so as to minimize income, gift and estate taxes.
Many immigrants come to Sarasota in their golden years, attracted by the ideal climate and abundant sunshine. Immigrants’ latter years also present many unique legal challenges made more complicated by their far-flung assets and competing national laws.
Greg Band’s elder law practice focuses on the diverse and unique needs of senior citizens. They work with clients to help them address current issues and anticipate evolving needs as they grow older:
- Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Retirement, Survivor and Pension Benefits
- Incapacitation and Disability
- Livings Wills
- Social Security Disability Claims and Appeals
To assist in these and other areas of legal expertise, Sarasota immigrants can contact Mr. Band and his associates via:
- Phone: 941-917-0505
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply