DHS to Offer Deferred Action to Eligible DREAMers
Cite as “AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 12061560 (posted Jun. 15, 2012)”
DHS will formally announce this morning that it will offer deferred action to DREAMers. Preliminary information indicates that eligible applicants must:
- Be 15-30 years old, and have entered before age 16
- Have been present in the U.S. for 5 years as of June 15, 2012
- Have maintained continuous residence
- Have not been convicted of one serious crime or multiple minor crimes
- Be currently enrolled in high school, graduated or have a GED, or have enlisted in the military.
The deferred action offer will be available to those in proceedings, as well as to those who apply affirmatively.
The White House is expected to make a formal announcement this afternoon at 1:15pm ET. AILA will provide further details today.
For more information check out:
- “FAQs on Deferred Action”
- “More FAQs on Deferred Action”
- “Sarasota Immigration Attorneys Welcome Deferred Action Announcement”