Q&A for Diversity Visa Applicants Attempting to Log into Entrant Status Check WebsitePosted: May 12th, 2014 | Author: Chris Jaensch | Filed under: National News, Sarasota Immigrants | Tags: Diversity Visa, Entrant Status Check Website, Green Card Lottery, Kentucky Consular Center | No Comments »
This post is related to our earlier post about the issues the Kentucky Consular Center has been having with the Entrant Status Check website. The technical problem with the Entrant Status Check system has led to many questions. We contacted the Kentucky Consular Center for answers and are posting them below.
How will I know if I have been selected?
- The only proof that you have been selected to process further in the DV-2015 program is a notice with your name on it that states you have been selected. When you log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC) on the dvlottery.state.govwebsite you will see one of two responses:
- If you see a message that says you were selected, and it includes your name, you have been selected to process further in the DV-2015 lottery. Please review the website at www.dvselectee.state.gov for full instructions on how to proceed.
- If you see a message that says you were not selected, you have not been selected to process further in the DV-2015 lottery. You may enter again next year. This message will not include your name.
When I logged in, I got a message saying I was not selected, but there was no name on the screen. What does that mean?
- That means you were not selected. If you were not selected for further processing, you will receive a standard message that applies to anyone who was not selected. It will not have your name on it.
I saw a selection notice, but it had someone else’s name on it. What do I do?
- If you log into the ESC now and see a notice that says you were selected, but it is addressed to another person, this does not mean that you have been selected. You should contact KCC at KCCDV@state.gov for further information. Include your name and confirmation number, and tell KCC at what time you tried to log in to the ESC. (If this happened to you on May 1, there is no need to tell KCC. If it happens to you now, please let us know.)
Will these results change? Should I check back again later to see if I was selected in the future?
- These results are final. We do not anticipate that there will be any additional names selected for DV-2015.
I am having problems logging in, or I am confused by my results. Can KCC tell me if I was selected?
- KCC cannot tell you if you have been selected for further processing. The ESC is the only means by which you may check your status.
If you are unable to log into the ESC, please check to be sure you are entering your confirmation number correctly. Some letters and numbers look similar to one another. If the ESC web page is experiencing a high volume of requests, it may work very slowly and some connections may time out. If this happens to you, please try again later.
If you have lost your confirmation number, please try to retrieve it using the “forgot confirmation number” link on the ESC website. If you cannot retrieve your confirmation number by providing the information required, there is no way for you to check your status.
If you have read all of this information and still have questions, please contact KCC at KCCDV@state.gov. Include your full name and, if you know it, your DV case number.