Use your widget sidebars in the admin Design tab to change this little blurb here. Add the text widget to the Blurb Sidebar!

Deferred Action Applicants Should Collect Student Records Now

Posted: July 12th, 2012 | Author: | Filed under: Deferred Action | Tags: , , , | 1 Comment »

Local Hispanic Community Organizer, UnidosNow, Advises Potential Deferred Action Applicants to Begin Collecting Student Records Immediately

In lieu of the June 15, 2012 immigration policy, parents and students who need student records will need to complete a “Student Record Request” (mark transcript and attendance-item 2). If your child is currently a student of a Sarasota County public school you may mail, fax or deliver the mentioned form to the 2012-2013 school. Elementary schools will not have the information for high school students. The cumulative file of each student “moves” with the student from school to school.

If you are a student who graduated from a Sarasota County School, please complete the “Student Record Request” , mark transcript, graduation verification and attendance as the records you are requesting. Mail, fax or deliver the form to the School Board of Sarasota County “Record Retention Center” at Osprey. The contact information is included in the form.

You may also access the student records request online here. Only high schools and the Record Retention Center might be opened in July from Monday through Thursday. All Sarasota School Board facilities are closed on Fridays during the summer months. There might be numerous requests for these documents and schools will be very busy in August with the new school year. I encourage you to process this request during the month of July. The documents will be processed free of charge.

Other documents for favorable use of discretion:

  • College acceptance letters
  • Scholarships/awards won
  • Volunteer work, extracurricular activities and sports
  • Letters of support from teachers, employers, friends, etc
  • Birth certificates of children

The attorneys at Jaensch Immigration Law Firm can assist with record requests for its deferred action clients.

For more information check out: